January 2019

Happy 2019!

I want to use this blog to record quilts I’ve made in my 39 years of quit making.  I didn’t make many quilts when I first started, with the exception of a quilt for both of my babies.  Motherhood, a military husband and working kept me busy, but I did sew clothes for the kids, me, my MIL and a few others.

Kids grow, life changes and I stopped sewing clothes, except for the yearly Christmas pjs.  Quilting took over my life.  I worked for a well known fabric company for 12 years, and then my LQS for 14 years.  I had the opportunity to travel and meet many quilters and shop owners, and acquire lots and lots of fabric.  I tested quilt patterns and made many samples.

My husband  and I retired, moved closer to the grandkids, and now it’s time for us to do what we want.  There is plenty of time to quilt, but all of my family and friends have more quilts than they can use.  Now I’m making quilts for charity.

I started listing the quilts I made right in the beginning so I know I’ve made well over 400 quilts.  There are pictures of about half of them.  When I can figure out how to upload pictures I will start posting them here.


Comments